As I discuss in my video How to Treat Heart Failure and Kidney Failure with Diet , one way a diet rich in animal-sourced foods like meat, eggs, and cheese may contribute to heart disease, stroke, and death is through the production of an atherosclerosis-inducing substance called TMAO. With the help of certain gut bacteria, the choline and carnitine found concentrated in animal products can get converted into TMAO. But, wait a second. I thought atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries, was about the buildup of cholesterol. Is that not the case? “Cholesterol is still king,” but TMAO appears to accelerate the process. It seems that TMAO appears to increase the ability of inflammatory cells within the atherosclerotic plaque in the artery walls to bind to bad LDL cholesterol, “which makes the cells more prone to gobble up cholesterol.” So TMAO is just “another piece to the puzzle of how cholesterol causes heart disease.” What’s more, TMAO doesn’t just appear to worsen atheroscler...
David Perlmutter M.D. – Empowering Neurologist: The meals, the information, the science to regulate your genetic future. Be part of me on Fb, for our every day Coronavirus Group Dialog. I’ll share a few of the newest information and science, reply your questions, and supply a discussion board the place we are able to join within the time of social distancing. On Day 37, we’ll handle questions on the origins of this virus, how and when youngsters ought to return to highschool, and what precisely a second wave of COVID-19 might appear to be. You will discover the assets talked about on this, and different, movies right here. The put up Coronavirus Conversations – Day 37 appeared first on David Perlmutter M.D..
^^ Onerous boiled eggs and egg salad within the On the spot Pot Decrease recent, Maximize pantry + freezer Like all of you, we’re making an attempt to attenuate pointless journeys to the grocery retailer and make our pantry and freezer meals final us so long as attainable. We’ve been getting some meals from A lot or takeout and the remaining are improvised at house with what we now have available. In fact now I want I had had the time or forethought to plan like I might with a brand new child coming: freezer baggage of crockpot meals or casseroles. However this all occurred so quick the perfect we did was purchase some baggage of beans and rice and some additional pantry staples. One in every of our final “recent” meals BBQ rooster with asparagus and rice Pantry + Freezer Improv Beans + rice I whipped up this meal from the pantry that additionally occurred to be vegan! Coconut rice, black beans, canned pineapple, spices (cumin, cinnamon, paprika), spinach, orange bell pepper, ...
Comments
Post a Comment